Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Skin and Stuff


Today I ventured to the dermatologist in Fort Dodge to have a mole I've had on my back since I was little biopsy-ed. Not super traumatic. And my mom took me to Perkin's afterward, so all in all, not a terrible trip. :) I will know the results in one to two weeks, and will know if the whole thing needs to come off or if it's totally fine.

I'd like to share with you a conversation I had with my mom today during the ordeal:

"The nurse who came in to take my information obviously tans." - Mollie

"Well the doctor who saw you certainly doesn't." - Mom

"Aaaaaand who was prettier?" - Mollie

And my mom knew I was right.

I'm sorry but this is how I feel. I like being tan. I like to think I've never been super-psycho tan. Just a nice healthy tan that I like to try and keep year-round so I look pretty and feel good about myself. And I honestly think it keeps me from getting depressed in the winter. And I KNOW it keeps me from getting depressed in the winter.

People suggest spray tans to me all the time. Those people clearly don't know that to have unlimited monthly spray tanning at Sun Tan City, it costs like, $70 a month. Without a package, it costs like, $30 PER SPRAY. And also, your hands and feet turn orange. Attractive.

I was a lifeguard for 8 summers...so as far as I'm concerned, this was bound to happen sooner or later. My old aquatics director isn't even phased by this news. I suppose if I die from skin cancer I just get to go to heaven sooner, meet Jesus, and Josh will be $150,000 richer and can by a tiny farm.

Woah, that got real. I'm totally joking. None of the nurses were super concerned about me dying before the results come back.

Those were my adventures today.


And lookie what my husband replaced in our house last week during a snow day...so long original light fixtures from the 50's!

-Mrs. Tan




No comments:

Post a Comment