Monday, May 6, 2013

Insert Clever Title, HERE?

After my first post last week, I became a little blog-obsessed. I'm now following like, 17 blogs, and I just want to post about my crafts and projects all the time. Don't worry, I've refrained...and I'm only going to post one craft/project per blog post. Here's one from last week that I'm especially excited about:


It's all of our Cornerstone t-shirts from the past six years in blanket form! There are a lot of fun college memories wrapped up in these t-shirts, which makes it special. I still need to add the backing to the blanket, but the important part is finished! And I was able to clean out our drawers and make a fun craft at the same time. Don't worry, it's only taken me about three years to be motivated to learn to sew and actually do this project, but let's not focus on that, please.

In other news, my first blog post had 94 page views! I'm excited, even if the majority of those views came from my mom and dad re-reading my blog over and over. Still fun! :) I would like to say that my least favorite part about blogging is coming up with a blog title. As you can see, it's already become an issue.

Josh and I spent the weekend in Cedar Rapids doing hipster things with our friend Katie. We visited Veritas Church, Cedar Rapids and saw our old Salt Company director, Mark Arant which was really fun. Attending church in a bar was a nice change of pace, and probably the highlight of the weekend for Josh. The highlight for me was four hugs from Katherine Elizabeth Kascel.

This is a list of things that are in my head:

1. Josh needs an employee more than an infant needs its mother. His brother is leaving for a mission trip in a week, and Josh is going to be working 21 days straight (unless it snows, ha). If you know of anyone who wants to work hard and have a steady summer job outside, let me know. Thank God for his growing business, but Josh can't work 100+ hours  a week!

2. We've had a new development in our lives this past month...we've both started putting Chipotle Tobasco on things...Egg sandwiches, bagels, noodles, frozen pizza, Papa John's pizza, salad, etc. It's been fun.

3. Our friend Dan threw us a Cinco de Mayo party last night, complete with a couple shots of expensive tequilla, limes, homemade guacamole, and Justin Timberlake music in the background. He also had the table set like this when I got home. Ole!

4. I'm obsessed with group chats with people who have iPhone's. It's made my life so much easier.

5. Okay I have to post one more craft. I painted this old barn shutter with a quote I saw from John Piper a few weeks ago. I haven't found it a permanent place for it in our house, but I'm thinking it's going to go in the bedroom.


AHHH how much do you adore barn shutters?!

-Mrs. B



No comments:

Post a Comment