Friday, May 3, 2013

Hello Blogging World, Meet the Boersma's

We have a blog! After thinking about what to 'name' our blog for three days, our friend Dan came up with an excellent title in less than 2 minutes. 'Life and Grass' seems pretty appropriate. I'm planning to write about all the crafting and organizing I do and also I'll share about what it's like to own and operate our small business, Boersma Lawn Care (hereafter referred to as BLC).

After Josh worked 38 hours in three days this week, I felt like I needed something else to keep me busy when he doesn't get home until 9 or 10pm in the summer. The other night I sewed a giant t-shirt blanket and two pillow cases for six hours and still needed something else to do. Josh thinks I'm crazy for wanting to take on something else, but he basically let's me do anything that makes me happy...so he agreed to let me talk about him on the blog, and approved the title. Yes, he's wonderful.

I've never had a blog before, but the fact that I begin writing our Christmas letter in early September is a pretty good indication that I enjoy writing about our life and sharing it with friends and family. Our friend Katie is always saying we could have our own reality show...maybe she's just saying that to make us feel good...either way, Josh and I think we're pretty hilarious on a daily basis. And our ridiculous banter about me spending too much money on Pinterest crafts, and Josh refusing to own more than one pair of jeans usually gets some pretty good laughs. So I figure I'll have plenty to talk about...as if that's ever been a problem for me. :)

Tonight we're leaving the 'kids' home and going on a date (yes I'm talking about our friends who frequently tend to drop-in at all hours of the day/night). We're planning to hit up the Applebee's 2 for $20 menu...Josh will order ribs, and I'll get the oriental chicken salad. After our date-dinner we're going home to watch Iron Man 2 and The Avengers in preparation for going to Iron Man 3 in theaters.

Sounds super romantic, right? We seem so young and adorable, I know...it's shocking that this is what 'dating' is like after only three years of marriage.

Well friends, what we lack in romance, we make up for in fun. And that's pretty easy to do when you're married to your best friend. :)

-Boersma Blogging Princess

1 comment: