Monday, January 9, 2017

422 13th St Xmas House Tour: Hallway+Cloffice

Here's our kitchen, dining room, and bathrooms if you missed my previous room tour posts.

Today I'll share what we affectionately call our 'cloffice' and our front entrance hallway (which is never used as an entrance). Josh tore apart and rebuilt a small table inside our front closet so we could utilize the space in our spare bedroom a little better. Room for a double bed was more important than having a whole room devoted to a small desk and a computer. :) Enter: Closet + Office = Cloffice.

As I've been taking pictures and posting these daily, I've started to feel the subtle urge to undecorate. So it's happening. Slowly. I figured I better take advantage of the mood when it hits. And what kind of music do people listen to while they UNdecorate, anyway? It's depressing to think about, so I'm sticking with Dave Barnes Pandora. Josh came out of the bathroom after his shower and casually (and nicely) goes, "So umm...how long are you going to be listening to Christmas music?" lol. Forever. Or at least until February 1st.

Remember when this little closet was painted lime green? Just kill me. SO much better now, right?
Who knew this hot pink tree I bought for my college dorm would look so perfect mixed in our house at Christmas? I certainly didn't. It almost ended up in the 'donate' pile a few years ago, but I'm glad it didn't!
I can't exactly remember, but I *think* when these wreaths are 50% off at Hobby Lobby, they're $2.50. Love them!
A little custom canvas art by Ellyn Reyes! I get a ton of comments on this piece and it looks so much better done by a professional than when I just blandly wrote it on a chalkboard. 
It's annoying, but I flip all my books around so the pages show and not the colorful binding. It's a trick I've seen Joanna do a couple times and I copied. At Christmas I put out our 3-month Mav book and this big gorgeous Santa book.
It seems like I have a ton of Christmas stuff...and I do! :S But 90% of my birthday gifts end up being Christmas decor. And I love it! ;)
There's our pretty little hallway. Tomorrow I'll share my favorite room in the house at Christmastime...our living room! I'll leave you with a little sneak peek...

Snagged this door for A DOLLAR at a garage sale. And note the pretty fans Josh and Maverick installed for me in December!
MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment