Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pregnant Things I Love

Now that I'm 33 weeks into this gig and things are starting to get pretty real (as in, the diaper bag actually has DIAPERS in it now) I think I *might* have the hang of this pregnant thing. Things that originally scared/offended me about nearing the end of pregnancy aren't turning out to be all that bad. Maybe it's because I'm not stuck at the dreaded 41st week (everyone loves to keep telling me how things WILL get worse)...But here's a quick list of the things I currently love about being pregnant.

FREE STUFF
We got four cans of formula in the mail last week...FO FREE. I don't know why or how...I signed up for some free magazine stuff for a couple different brands and now I have coupons and formula coming out my ears. I also got a bunch of coupons in the mail for a free nursing pillow, baby leggings, car seat canopy's (I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets pounded with these kinds of offers)...so for $15 shipping, I ordered what I need or can give as gifts...WHICH HAS BEEN A THRILL.

SPANX
You'd assume this is not a highlight now that I'm in my 33rd week and it's mid-July...but it so is! WHAT IS THE DEAL with maternity dresses that are cotton and lovely...but are completely see-through?! I just throw some Spanx underneath and everything is smooth and I almost can imagine that I'm skinny. Kim Kardashian wears Spanx whenever she leaves the house, so I've adopted a similar philosophy...wore 'em to work today people.

FRIENDLY STRANGERS
I just do not know what it is, but people are weirdly nice to me. I expect office-mates, friends, people at church...the usuals to stop me and chat...but the number of strangers that smile and gawk at me in Sam's Club...or sweetly ask about my due date while I'm checking out at Target...or the guy at the LOF Express oil-change place who opened my door and voluntarily popped my hood because he knew it would be hard to reach before I even mentioned it, then offered me a cup of ice water because it was 90 degrees...THAT'S the kind of stuff that's weirding me out (they have ALWAYS asked me to pop my own hood!) and I keep telling myself to NOT get used to it.

STUDIO 7 SALON
I've already admitted in this post...looking cute for 40 weeks of pregnancy is a lot of hard work. It just is. All of THIS (see below) does not happen naturally...because a lot of other things that are 'natural' are happening and in order to combat those semi-gross things...drastic measures simply must be taken. It is what it is. I just sucked it up and scheduled out spray tans and waxes and pedicures during the next 6 to 8 weeks because I can admit when I need help from the professionals (my goal this weekend is to talk G'ma Boersma into a pedicure...I'll let you know if I have success). If Kim Kardashian can look like this while she's pregnant, then darnit so can I. 




***I would highly recommend Studio 7 in North Ames! And if you have questions about anything I just mentioned, just message me. I'm banking on the fact that very few men read my blog...and if they've clicked on a blog entitled 'Pregnant Things I Love' they had to know they were reading at their own risk.***

SWEET COMMENTS
Maybe I scared you all off with this post, but I have heard nary an offensive comment since well before we announced I was pregnant. So even though not everyone appreciated that post, it actually did an excellent job of warding off those kinds of conversations keeping my nice little bubble free from most of the crazy out there. Lately I get a lot of comments, but they are always on the sweet side:

"Usually pregnant people scare me, but you don't scare me at all." -Megan at C21
Yes, pregnant women have always scared me too, which is why it's been my goal to NOT be a terrible, scary, whiny, witch. It's starting to be more of a challenge, but at least I can keep it together around almost everyone (my mom, Jamie, and Josh are rolling their eyes when they read this).

"You're absolutely glowing by the way." - Front desk manager at Keller Williams

THE GLOW IS THE SPRAY TAN PEOPLE. I'm convinced there there is no such thing as a pregnant glow...I get these comments the most when I'm tan either from a good day at the pool or from a good spray. Further proving my TAN theory.

"I love your shirt! Where did you get it?" - Doran Clinic Secretary

The shirt I've gotten the most comments on is the one in this picture...and here's a dirty little secret...IT'S ACTUALLY A PAJAMA SHIRT FROM VICTORIA'S SECRET. Bonus, I bought it last fall when we were tentatively planning for a baby this year and paired with leggings, it is currently THE comfiest thing I have. 



--------------------------------------------------------------------

If after reading this post you think I've lost my mind and my priorities are in shambles and I should certainly spend more time in prayer than I spend worrying about being tan...I'd like to point out two things. One, I'm an excellent multi-tasker...so, there's that...and 2. God hears my prayers anywhere (ridiculous places included)...in the spray tan booth...waiting in the line at LOF...while I'm decorating Maverick's future room...not to mention it seems like I spend a TON of time in my car with bro moving like crazy. So even though my blogs have been on the fluffier side lately, I can assure you I haven't totally lost my head in the world of our Target Registry, the baby aisle at TJ Maxx, or Kim Kardashian's Instagram. 

And I'll say it again...I have YEARS of praying and worrying ahead of me once he's HERE...for now, can I just live my childless, frivolous, wonderfully sleep-filled life in peace? :)

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment