Friday, July 24, 2015

BLC Mid-Summer Newsletter

By now most of you have seen this newsletter that I was finally able to check off my to-do list (Josh has sort of been hounding me about it for months and I was putting it off because...well...it's like a homework assignment and who likes doing homework at the age of 26 when they can craft for a baby room?). But I wanted to throw this out to my little blog buddies, asking for your opinion. Yes I'm asking...please be kind.

Josh is probably the most passionate person on the planet about grass. We all know this to be true. So when he dictates and I type, sometimes things can fly off the rails and cross over to the side of, 'no-one-cares-about-this-and-is-never-going-to-read-it.' But because he knows so much and cares so much, it's hard for him to turn his grass-brain off and think about what the customers care about. Then after all that it's my job to reel the whole thing back in, edit it to oblivion, and send it off to my mom for final edits.

So truthfully, in this newsletter I realize there is probably wayyy too much text to be attention-getting. That's fair and, like, the first thing I learned in my first PR class ever (Josh just has a lot to say about grass!). But as readers/customers/future customers ;) ;) ;) I want to know...what would YOU be interested in reading about BLC services and lawn care in general? Please comment on this post or if you have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that is perhaps a little more harsh, message it to me...will ya?


We seem to be getting a good reaction from customers so far and calls for fall work which are both good things. This newsletter went to 250 customers via email, and as of now, not one of them has replied with an, 'Unsubscribe.' So I'm pretty thrilled about that.

REMEMBER - IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT ALREADY 'LIKE' BOERSMA LAWN CARE ON FACEBOOK!

MmB4BLC
(still dreaming of license plates that say this)

No comments:

Post a Comment