Sunday, May 3, 2015

Our Quest to Become Morning People: Continued

I posted this about two weeks ago and I'd proudly like to announce...

WE'RE WELL ON OUR WAY TO BEING MORNING PEOPLE!

Josh is absolutely hating this because when he gets up at 6 it usually means he's working until 9pm...but I have been loving the schedule change. I get so much done! Before heading into work each day I'm able to get the house picked up, some laundry going, beds made, dishes washed...all very mom-like-grown-up stuff.

Truth be told, we didn't go to church this morning. I know, I know...but Josh had to work, the Boersma's churched in Ankeny today, and I didn't want to go by myself. Our only day of the week to truly 'sleep-in' and we were still up by 8:30 ready to start the day. Eggs were somehow made for breakfast. Coffee too. WHO ARE WE.

Disclaimer: Josh has worked every day for the past...umm...like 100 days. I'm not kidding. So when he requests to sleep in instead of going to early church and then working the rest of the day (as some would recommend) I let it slide. We're in summer-lawn-care-survival mode right now ya'll. And there's nothing I can do about it.

I sent Josh off to work ( :( ) and spent the rest of the morning reading on the deck because the aforementioned chores that are accomplished during my early weekday mornings mean I have a fairly legitimate, constantly clean house. I know...it's super weird. So I decided to be reeeeeally mom-ish and crack open my first pregnancy/parenting/baby book while wearing...yep...a maternity swimsuit. I died a little just typing that sentence but the swimsuit is a gray leopard print (purchased for $7.48 last summer on the Target sale rack WUTUP) and I was actually able to get a good burn going. So...just whatever about it.

My friend Hope once told me when her G'ma was pregnant and wanted to get a tan outside, she had her husband dig a perfect pregnant-belly-sized hole in the ground, laid towels down, and she was able to tan laying on her stomach. We laughed about this story at the time thinking it was ridiculous...but now I am actually seeing some great value in it. Now I just need to find a spot in the yard where Josh will let me dig a giant hole..................................

I swept and rearranged the deck. Finished one of the crafts I had going in Baby Room (dyyyying to reveal little parts of this but I am forcing myself to wait until it's completely FINISHED), and here I am writing another blog post. Hmmm...mornings...who knew?!

So I can finally say we have officially triumphed over the early mornings of the past couple of weeks. And we are probably 80% morning people.

-----------------------------------------------

In other news, I've decided to paint our front door hot pink. No, you didn't read that wrong. Yes, I said hot pink. I've been mulling this idea over for about a year now, giving me ample time to weigh the pros and cons (for those who think this is a hormonal decision, I can show you the pro and con list I've had going on my phone). I've decided the only drawback is that it will clash a little with my 4th of July exterior decor, but that's only out for a couple weeks anyway...and 4th of July obnoxiously clashes with everything...it is what it is.

When I say 'hot pink'..this is the hot pink I mean. Also...these nails are very out of character for me since I usually make Jamie plant my flowers while I 'assist' (and by assist I mean...avoid my fingernails looking like this at all costs by watching while she plants) but she had to study for finals or whatever so I was 100% on my own yesterday. 

If I hate it, I have tons of neutral spare paint in my basement that I could cover it right up. Christmas at 422 13th St. has been brought up by multiple concerned parties (ahem...moms...sisters) and since I'm pulling out all the stops with the antique/vintage ornaments (pinks, purples, turquoises mixed with red and green and gold balls) this year, I've come to the conclusion that a hot pink door will only lend itself to the theme I'm going for.

Plus now I can get away with doing varieties of pink flowers in my flower pots...which I've always shied away from based on the 4th of July always nagging at me to plant red flowers. Yesterday I filled every blessed one of my flower pots with 100% PINK.

Perhaps my obsession with making everything inside our house NEUTRAL has resulted in my catapulting to the opposite side of the spectrum...hence the hot pink door, flowers, and shirt I bought yesterday at Target for $4.50. 

I don't know if it's because I know I will be outnumbered with boys in a mere three months or what...but right now painting our front door hot pink sounds like the best possible way to spend my Monday evening. WHO ELSE CAN SAY THEY HAVE A HOT PINK FRONT DOOR?!?! No one I can think of. And that's the way I like it. ;)

MmB



No comments:

Post a Comment