Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Patti's Cozy Corn Chowder


Have you noticed every time I share a recipe I give ownership to someone else? It's because I just literally can't take credit for any of them, because as you know...I don't cook. This one is a favorite in our house this season, and I've been making it every time we have a fresh set of house guests...this way I get real good at making THIS ONE THING and everyone finishes supper raving about how great it is. The best part? It's just opening a bunch of cans. Sometimes you can't beat winter cooking.

A package of diced ham
Crispy bacon *optional*
Two cans of corn
Two cans of creamed corn
Two cans of cream of potato soup
Two cans of diced potatoes
A small carton of half and half
Onion + minced onion
Milk
Salt + Lots of pepper
I've witnessed Patti add green onions? Or some kind of green flakes? I've never added that because I don't what it is, but you do what you want.

Foil a pan and lay out your bacon, bake at 350 for a half hour or until it's nice and crispy
Dump everything from my list into your biggest pot, don't drain anything
Cut onion and bacon, dump into the pot
Pour in as much milk as you feel like it needs...sorry I don't have more direction for you on this one
Add your salt + pepper

Stir frequently until it's hot, and serve with a sleeve of frozen garlic bread.

I made this once in a crock pot, and as long as it was on low all day and I stirred every once in a while, it was excellent this way also. Because sometimes I don't like standing over a hot stove and actively cooking as people are walking in the door. Ya know?

I hope your snow day was as magical as ours was!

MmB


No comments:

Post a Comment