Sunday, July 3, 2016

America.

It's no secret that America is a mother-flipping mess. Maybe that's where my new found Patriotism is coming from...it's kind of a last ditch effort to get us in the mood to celebrate this country that will soon be governed by either Donald Trump...or Hilary Clinton. Josh hates when I say it...but I CAN'T EVEN.

So I've pulled out all the stops this year...the banners are out...tiny little flags are in my flower pots...I literally nailed an American flag to the wall in our living room. Perhaps if I decorate enough, we'll just 'forget' the current state of this Nation and focus on our beautiful freedom by celebrating THE CONSTITUTION. You know, that sweet little document our country was founded upon that values things like...marriage between a man and a woman...giving law-abiding citizens the right to own a weapon to defend themselves...rights to precious unborn babies...just crazy things like that.

Ok I'm done. Here's how I decorated for 4th of July 2016:

Found this tea-stained flag on Amazon for $18 and figured it can stay in the house for a couple years, then move outside to fly from the garage pole after that.

This little canvas was probably the beginning of my July-decorating obsession...I've had it for a couple years, purchased from one of my favorite stores in Fort Dodge...Real Deals!

I mentioned on Instagram that the Target One Spot had some pretty amazing Fourth of July stuff this year...this little cutie was one of the things I snagged. $3...so that whole 'one' thing is a lie, but still cute.

Our friend Kristin had some ADORABLE canvas paintings for sale in her Etsy shop and I couldn't say no to supporting a fellow small business AND adding this to our living room. Everybody wins!

Another Target One Spot (errr $5) find. Even though it seems like the pillows in our house keep multiplying...I swear I recover them with homemade cases I sew to reuse them for different holiday's/seasons!

Again...One Spot...I couldn't have made those little bunting banners for cheaper than $3/each. And from this angle, our backyard doesn't look quite as ugly as it is in real life...so that's why you're getting this less-than-quality picture.

I LOVE having neutral linen pillow cases...it makes tossing in one crazy colorful pillow a lot easier. This was a pre-made case I found on Amazon for $4.

$7 rug from Hob Lob. Keeping it on our front steps and out of the wind/wear/weather. I'm suddenly really into blue. Maybe it's because we have a boy with blue eyes so when I decorate with blue, Maverick instantly matches everything.

This is a terrible picture of something that is actually super cute. I tied all these ribbons to a stick to make a cute abstract flag and hide our pink front door. Don't get me wrong...I still love the pink front door...but for these two Patriotic weeks of the year, it needs to be hidden just a little. :)

This adorable OLD wicker rocker arrived on my doorstep just in time for the Fourth. A friend from home was putting it on a garage sale and let me buy it instead. HOW fun will this be to decorate each season?! I'll tell you...it's already gotten quite a bit of wonderful, relaxing use! That denim blanket is special/useful/fun because it was my handmade graduation gift from my home church family...and I snagged that pillow on clearance at TJ + I used $10 of rewards...making that $30 name-brand pillow a whopping six bucks.

Watching cars go by to keep this little American occupied and happy until nap time.

These jars are quickly becoming one of my favorite decorations (found them at Hobby Lobby a couple months ago). Changing the flowers out every few months adds so much fresh life to our front steps.

This picture got 76 'likes' on Facebook and I have to be honest...I'm mildly shocked.

Look at my pretty mulch! I never knew I could love something like mulch SO MUCH! We no longer have mud for landscaping around our house! THANKS HUSBAND! I also want my Instragram record to show...I crafted one of those pallet flags before EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG made one. But like I always say...imitation is the highest form of flattery. ;)

...because this chair from my G'ma Rose's front steps is one of my favorite things.

In recent months I've tried to do a better job at giving our side/back yard a little more love. Here's what's happening over there now. And yes, that is an old mower I permitted Josh to use as outdoor decor.


Then this happened because I'm an obnoxious first-time mom. Thanks everyone for humoring me.
And that's how things look at our house right now!

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment