Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Baby Shower Pics Part II: Glitter and Grass

As if shower #1 and it's theme wasn't already perfect enough...the 'Glitter and Grass' tagline tends to be kind of a 'life theme' for Josh and I. It's a perfect description for us...our personalities...our interests...our differences...so what better shower theme could there possibly be for our future child? Glitter and Grass it was. :)

This outfit was carefully planned and coordinated and being pregnant and pretty in the summer is getting increasingly harder. I'm hanging on as long as I can. So just...ok?




A perfect mix of glitter, grass, and vintage accents everywhere!


Some people spend their summers manicuring a lovely garden...or growing 'grass' of another kind. My mom was busy growing, watering, and hiding the fact that she was growing ACTUAL grass out on her patio. It was too perfect for us.
Highlight of the day...these ladies are some of the MOST SPECIAL WONDERFUL WOMEN IN MY WORLD.


So while opening presents was happening...this ridiculous photo-booth was also happening... :)

The 'Donnas'...I love them.




Taking my caption from Instagram on this one...because wow. Norma really brings the photo 'likes!'
"Growing up I didn't have "neighbor kids" to play with...I had a lot of older neighbors who were more like grandparents and at the time, that seemed lame because my friends had neighbors to play with all the time. Cookies and pop in a hot pink glass at Norma's; making a 'Welcome Home' banner after she and Milt came home from winters in AZ; and regular visits to show them our little kid crafts and things are some of my favorite childhood memories. And now that I think about it, having this lady across the street was way better than having neighbor kids my age. She's the sweetest."
All these favorites came to the shower.
Making G'ma Rose a great-grandma for the first time very soon!

The girls all look lovely and then there's my dad...fresh off his trip from Guatemala in his new favorite ORANGE t-shirt. We let it slide though because it was 90 degrees and he loaded the presents in the car. :)

The Boersma side of the family came for the festivities too! I love this picture. :)

And when I got home with all the wonderful gifts and told Josh exactly who each one was from (I'm weirdly good at remembering things...that wildlife book he's reading is from Jenny and that Dr. Seuss book is from Cynthia...I can even remember who most of our wedding gifts are from!) he sat back and said, "Wow. I really love your home church." And I have to agree. They are. The best.
MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment