Monday, August 10, 2015

Baby Shower Pics Part I: Welcome to Camp Maverick

We spent the weekend at the lake and had a lovely time...but came home to a wet basement, broken equipment, and a phone call from the concrete company at 8am saying they would be at our house to start demo in 20 minutes. I can't imagine a better way to spend week 37 of being pregnant. ;)


So we're back to reality and the countdown marches on (18 days to due date)...and I keep thinking of blogs I need to post so I don't forget anything about the amazing people who have been so generous to us throughout the past 37 weeks...seriously. The outpouring of prayers and love and support have been almost too much to handle...I can't write enough thank yous or post enough sappy Instragrams to convey our deepest thanks.

So I'm just going to post a big blog full of pictures from each of our special showers so they're documented for all of time. :) When I say 'I can't even,' I'm not being a dramatic, basic white girl. I ACTUALLY CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE HOW FABULOUS AND PERFECT AND ADORABLE AND THOUGHTFUL EACH OF THESE SHOWERS HAVE BEEN.







One of the best parts about having Ellyn as the official shower photographer was that I didn't have to hurry around snapping pictures of everything while people mingled (which is usually what I'm doing). I was able to enjoy my peeps and the shower, plus I have amazing pictures for the scrapbook. ;)

These signs are foam board and (I believe?) chalk marker...and they let me take them home! So not only did I get to enjoy the decor at the shower, THEN THEY UNDECORATED EVERYTHING AND LET ME BRING IT HOME!






Nikki made a raccoon out of food. I have no words. 
My reaction to this adorable insanity.
One of the best parts about this shower were how many of 'my people' were there. Everyone from high school to college to church to work to cheer coaching...wah it was so perfect.

Best boss ever...who happened to throw a shower at work for me two months later...very sneaky.

These girls have been my buddies since they were in 7th grade and now they are just some of my favorite humans in the world.

Lifelong friends right here. They are some of my best.

When I became a pool manager for the City of Ames in 2009, did I ever guess I would be friends with my then-boss and we would eventually have babies together? Absolutely not. And yet, here she is. :)

It will be really weird not spending almost every day from November to February chatting with these girls about cheer and life and drama...so I'm thinking regular cheer practice visits will need to happen. :)

Sister and bestie who takes the brunt of my crabbiness and shields the rest of you into thinking I haven't been crabby at all during this pregnancy. Muaaahahahaa. ;) But seriously...can everyone just give me some props for holding it together so well?!?!?!?! Josh says I've been slightly sassier (fair assessment) but overall I've been a pregnant champion. EVEN in the midst of all our life craziness (see photo 1 on this blog post).

Girls from my 'old' connection group (which makes me laugh because we were all the same age in my old CG...and in my 'new' CG, we have MANY different ages and generations represented. ;)
Probably my favorite picture from the night. I'm sort of ready for summer to be over so we all settle back into a real life schedule and I can SEE ALL OF THESE LADIES AGAIN! We have sooo many fun things happening in our connection group! Babies! Weddings! Adoptions! I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment