Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall Feelings

Falling Pt. 1
Falling Pt. 2
Falling Pt. 3

Before the Christmas season completely takes over our house and our hearts, I have a few more fun fall things I wanted to share...

I made this wreath for my mom, but then I decided to keep it for a couple months because it matches my backdoor so well...and my mom won't be using it until spring. :) Is anyone else obsessed with making these fabric rosettes? I just used every scrap of cloth I had and spent an entire day hot gluing and rolling fabric.


422 13th St. is hosting Thanksgiving for my side of the family for the second time...and I'm shocked at how excited Josh is. Although the 'hospitality bug' seems to be 'my' thing...he gets weirdly possessive and excited about holding gatherings and festivities at our house, especially during the holidays. Sometimes he'll randomly say, "So what's the set-up going to be for the tables at Thanksgiving?" or, "Wouldn't it be great if the weather was like this for Thanksgiving so we could have people be around our table outside?!" 

Since we only host every couple of years due to bouncing around with both sides of the family (and because we begrudgingly share the hosting duties :), I'm going alllll out in a Pinterest, burlap, brown paper, crafty, glittery, adorable-place-setting frenzy. And when hosting a gathering for people who aren't all under the age of 26, Facebook cannot be used as an appropriate invitation system. So I whipped up some super cute (and CHEAP) Thanksgiving invites. I found my inspiration invite on Pinterest and then re-made it myself using Microsoft Publisher. I printed these in color on card stock, snipped a little piece of burlap, and tied twine in a bow around the invitation. Sometimes the burlappy-country-woodsy theme is too much for me, so I sprinkled a little gold glitter inside the envelope to balance that out. I heard it was a real hit with the husbands who were on the receiving-end of this invite. :) 

I was also pretty proud of the little leaves I free-handed with magic marker on the envelopes...

Because I used things I already had, I'm just going to go ahead and say these were free to make. BUT If I had to guess, I'd say each one cost less than a $1 to make...and that includes postage. Boom.


I forgot to include this picture during the fall tour of our house...but even our bathrooms get a little Autumn glam! I'm telling you...printing your favorite pictures from Pinterest and putting them in frames throughout the house is the best way I've found to cheaply add a little touch of 'fall' in every room. Even if that picture sits on the back of the toilet. ;)


We had some adorable (if I do say so myself) fall pictures taken at our acreage on Saturday by the amazing Lori Mortensen of Le Photo Design. She was fast (which Josh appreciated) and took some amazing pictures (which I appreciated). Call her the next time you need someone to take pictures for anything. I'm dying to see the rest, but for now she's just teased us with this...


Here's the link to her Facebook page so you can 'like' it...and we even made the cover photo!!! ;)

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment