Thursday, July 11, 2013

Colorado Trip: Pt. 2

Here I'm going to attempt a positive, non-sarcastic take on my trip to Colorado. I know the last post might have made it seem like I had a really homesick, stressful time...but that's just because sometimes I get too carried away with sarcasm and it's hard to convey my tone in a blog post. I'm banking on the fact that most of you know me and realize when I'm being dramatic...which is basically all the time.

Here we are hiking. Notice I'm not in the picture. That's because I climbed on a small rock while Henry, Karissa, and Katie climbed this big rock. I posted up and tried to get some service so I could Instagram while Karissa said, "Mollie this is why you will be such a good mom. You're totally content to sit and wait while we climb."

True dat.



I had never seen mountains before this weekend, sooo that was a really fun experience to have with friends. We had a lot of fun eating out, drinking coffee, staying in hotels, driving together for 20+ hours, meeting new fiance's and girlfriends, laughing until our stomachs hurt and our voices were gone (okay I'm the only one who lost my voice), cuddling in a King-size bed, driving home with an extra passenger, catching up on life, Malawi, new jobs, etc., shopping, laughing at my lack of hiking skills, and just everything in between that made me realize our friends are such a gift from God and it's so fun to do life with them.

That was cheesy. Whatere. It's true.

Here we are at the wedding post-wedding dance. Not sure why we forgot to take a picture before the reception, which would have been pre-wobble, shuffle, and shout. So that is why I am a sweaty mess and those other two beauts look gorg. If any single men read this blog (which, I am sure there are sooo many who are just dying to know which craft I'll post next), these are two of the greatest girls I know. Feel free to mingle with them. Also notice that thing Laura does with her eyes that make her look like a VS Angel:

Note to self: Try that the next time I'm in a picture.


I'd like to share with you one of the conversations that was a highlight of the weekend for me:

After visiting the bathroom during the reception and fixing our hair and make-up in the mirror (okay that was just me), Katie and I headed back to our table. Before we went into the reception room, I turned around and said, "Do I look okay?" 

And do you want to know what that girl said to me?

"You look great. You look like Kim Kardashian in that dress."

Bless it.

Some people might be offended if someone told them they looked like Kim Kardashian from behind, but not me. That girl knows what I need to hear and when I need to hear it.

Homesickness due to dad-speeches = gone. This is why we're friends. 

On Friday night after the motel situation in Fort Collins, where we decided to go across the street and stay in La Quinta Inn, I headed out for a night on the town with my two favorite, hippie, Colorado residents, who happen to also be old pool friends (sorry if those commas were misplaced for you both...now that I know you're judging I'm self-conscious). Kayla and Ellen and I went to a brewery in Old Town Fort Collins. It was super fun to catch up since they both decided it would be a good idea to hang up their lifeguard suits to get Master's degrees in Engineering-smartness in Colorado, and only come visit once a year. I guess I can't blame them since Colorado life fits them like a glove...skiing, biking, traveling, beer, and brownies were our main topics of conversation (I know, sometimes I find it really interesting that we're friends), along with the occasional pool story...which was depressing because neither of them were very interested in knowing about the train wreck that the Furman Aquatic Center has become without us (most of you who frequent the pool don't know this, but we are SURE the chlorine levels are off in the Pond and the River on a daily basis...you should know you're probably swimming in straight urine, sunblock, and feces...now you're wishing I was a manager again, aren't you?).

Anyway, the weekend included so many wonderful things, and was wrapped up with a lengthy ride home with an extra passenger...When groom texts you day before wedding and asks if you can bring one of his groomsmen back to Iowa because said groomsmen doesn't have ride and groom is leaving for honeymoon and can't bring him back...you don't ask questions you just say, 'yes' and panic about a foreign person entering the car-of-important-girl-conversations later.

Needless to say, Groomsmen-Adam fit right in, steered us clear of an accident due to some crazy traffic on the way home, and kept us laughing when I wanted to dieee because we needed gas and were a mere 30 minutes from home.

There you have it...my take on, "that one time when we traveled to Colorado for the Jesse's wedding and had a ton of fun." I'm sure we will be sharing stories from this weekend for years to come. :)

Also, that rhymed, and I wasn't even trying to do that. Love.

You're Favorite Nature-Girl,
Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment