Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I guess I'm a decorating consultant now...

Our signature look if we're decorating during nap time and there's no closet/bathroom/utility room for Maverick to nap in. ;)

Without really trying it's become quite clear that I have a new title/hobby/job among my circle of beautiful friends.

Decorating Consultant.

What started as decorating inside the four corners of our little house has turned into showers, parties, conferences, weddings, receptions, grad parties, and now (and quite possibly my favorite)...houses.

Do you know what this means?

I GET TO GO SHOPPING WITH OTHER PEOPLES' MONEY!

J/k j/k...but seriously. A few weeks ago I went to Hobby Lobby with my friend Kate for her first wedding brainstorm session where we spent two hours wandering the aisles and talking nonstop at the speed of light...she bought some cute barn wood signs, and I didn't buy a thing!

That's a lie, I spent $4 on a Father's Day present for Josh (it was a new Chevy steering wheel cover for his new truck but that was IT!).


Last Saturday I went to my friend Nikki's house because she wanted some help/direction on what to buy and how to arrange her new house and she started a sentence with, "If you think we need to buy something I have Braden's credit card..." and I was like OKAY LET'S GET CRAZY!

I'm being dramatic...we only bought a small accent table and a couple of curtains (though I'm not sure those things are Dave Ramsey approved...Sarah?).

I've had people send me messages asking how I would paint something...what kind of stain they should use...what color their table should be. I've been asked how to make my signature 'coaster' wedding gift, how to make my faux Magnolia wreath, and how I sew the cases for my throw pillows.

It's accidentally becoming a 'thing' aaaand I'm not mad about it.

In fact, I'm pretending HARD to be Joanna Gaines next week when Kaylie comes over to my house to talk about feature walls so she can see what I've got goin' on at 422 13th St. You know how Jo always has people come over to check out her concrete counter tops? Or the carrera marble she has in her bathrooms? Or the ship lap on her walls? Yea...that's basically exactly what I'll be doing. Minus all three of those things.

Joanna has her signature Magnolia wreath and it's amazing...here's mine, which is slightly less amazing, but still does the job.

I guess I'm posting this silliness to say...if you want to spend an afternoon at my house crafting a magnolia wreath for yourself...just bring me an iced vanilla latte and some glue sticks and I will show you my ways. I don't care if we've never hung out before...I value one-on-one time with friends to chat more than I enjoy big groups (which is why Titus II play group and large family gatherings give me anxiety!). Or if you want me to come over to help rearrange your living room furniture while our babies steal toys from each other, I can do that too. But that latte thing still stands. ;) Josh is working from 6am to 9pm seven days a week right now (not complaining, just explaining) and I need to see more of my people. I figure this is probably a good way to make that happen.

Disclaimer: If you ask me to come help you organize, I will make you donate/throw things away, and not everyone can handle my bossiness. I'm pretty chill about decorating because it's whatever YOU like and what YOU want in your space. So if you aren't seriously ready to get rid of the orange and brown pot holder a sweet lady made for your bridal shower gift (very sweet, but hideous)...I'm sorry, but I cannot help you.

Faith Community Women's Conference 2014...one of my favorite alters.

Maley Rehearsal Dinner 2015...anytime I get to add pink to the decor theme I'm in HEAVEN.
One of my favorite corners in our house.
Thanksgiving Dinner 2015...just an excuse to design and decorate a fancy tablescape.

Oh...and if you have older kiddies...I have a hot tub, a trampoline, and the collector's edition of Looney Toons. That should buy us a couple hours of crafting time.

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment