Wednesday, January 22, 2020

What's in my hospital bag this time...



Maverick noticed me packing my bag a couple weeks ago, asked to help, and then proceeded to pack his own Paw Patrol suitcase for the hospital. It weighed about 20 pounds because it was full of every single Hot Wheels car he owns, plus his robe and his slippers and his Bandit.

He knows now he doesn't need a suitcase because he will just be visiting the hospital, but every once in a while I go in Cooper's room and find a mysterious bag packed with toys,lined up next to mine and Cooper's and it kills me. Mav is as ready as we are for this brother to come any time!

I always like reading what people pack in their hospital bags, and it's really useful to remember (for myself) or direct people to when they ask. I know blogging is a dying art, but you would be shocked at the number of times people ask me about a recipe or something else random and I either direct them to my blog or I go hunt down a post to remember for myself.

Mom's Bag:
Pretty robes + comfy robes
Cute pajamas/loungewear/hoodies
Leggings
Cute nightgown to wear instead of hospital gown
Swimsuit (I do not 'do' stark naked during childbirth)
Nursing bras, wide variety/assortment
Most comfortable/cute sports bra
Undies
Socks + slippers
"Fresh 48" outfit
"Going Home" outfit
Shampoo/conditioner
Dry shampoo
Lotion + chapstick
Vitamins/current meds
Self-tanner spray (Yes I went there...it's winter, just ok?)
Blow dryer/straightener
Make-up
Headbands
Letterboard + presorted letters needed
Phone charger
Current books/reading material
Wallet + Insurance cards + ID
Toothpaste/toothbrush/floss
Deodorant
Make-up/face wipes
Notebook/pen to record possible gifts
Pillow + blanket (a MUST)

Cooper's Bag:
Hakka
Sleepers + hats (I also do not 'do' hospital hats and blankets)
Favorite swaddle blanket
Assortment of paci's
Diapers/wipes
Gas drops
Hand sanitizer
Portable sound machine + spare batteries
Socks/booties
Stuffed cow for pictures
Nursing shield
Nursing pads
Nursing cover-up
Nursing lotion/cream/balm
Breast pump
Burp towels/cloths
Car seat + base + warm car seat cover
"Going Home" outfit

Josh's Bag: 
Pajamas
Lounge-clothes
Hoodies
Slippers
Deodorant
Toothbrush/toothpaste
"Going Home" outfit
Tennis shoes
Laptop + charger
Phone charger
DVD's
Assortment of snacks
Spare vehicle/house keys
Pillow + blanket (also a MUST for dad)

Because some of these things have to be thrown in at the last minute...if I'm unable to perform that task for whatever reason, I can direct my dearly beloved ones straight to this list.

Think I'm leaving something out? Message me!

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment