Monday, May 22, 2017

Backyard MAKEOVER Pt. 3

Here are parts 1 and 2, in case you missed them. ;)


After combing through all of my pictures from the past seven years we've lived here I've come to realize something...

We haven't taken many pictures of or IN our backyard. Which probably means we haven't spent a ton of time out there. Which means I'm even MORE excited about what I accomplished in this 'new' backyard oasis we have going on. We've probably spent more time out there in the past couple of weeks (even with all the rain we've had!) than we did during all of 2016.

These aren't the best pictures to prove an insanely dramatic transformation...I could only do that if I had taken more pictures of the UGLY that ensued after the Hot Tub Drama of 2015. The backyard made me mad, so I didn't really like looking at it, hence the lack of photographic evidence of how bad it looked. You'll just have to trust me.

Here's the best I could come up with for 'Before' pictures...starting waaaaaay back:

This bench is now flipped to face the backyard, and my barn door is what you see when you walk up those steps.

And here's what it looks like seven years later!

First thing to go? THE MILLIONS OF BIRDHOUSES ON THIS PROPERTY.

It's crazy how our trees have filled out in the past seven years! It looked so bare back here!

After! Trimmed the tree that hangs over the deck, cut down a tree in the rocks AND EVERYONE LOOK AT THAT NEW AIR CONDITIONER WE HAD TO SPEND A TON OF MONEY ON. Also added plywood to the fence to block out the neighbor's camera (you're wondering if you read that sentence right, and I'm going to tell you, YES you did).
The lattice work along the back of the deck is gone and now opens up to Maverick's little pool area. :)
After!



I hope you liked reading about our little backyard makeover. I'm ready to spend a couple weeks enjoying it before I take on my next project...refinishing our boring/bland kitchen island!

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment