Thursday, August 25, 2016

A day in the head of a crazy stay-at-home-mom...

#dreamjob {photography by LibbyAsayStudio.com}

This is literally every single day of my life. I spent yesterday listening to my thoughts throughout the day and realized I'm a little crazy. Well, probably more than a little. Maybe some of you can relate...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should get up before Maverick...at least to brush my teeth. I already hear him. It's 7:34, I still had a half hour! I should brush my teeth and start the coffee...I need to shower today. Do that now? Or while he's awake and playing with toys? Maybe I'll do it during his morning nap.

Ok, coffee is started, curtains are open...I need to get his bottle ready. Ewwww I need to clean Josh's bathroom. And take out all the garbage in the house. Man! The garbage truck came yesterday. As soon as I'm done feeding Mav I'll do all the garbage. I really should deep clean the laundry room today. And finish the buffet project.

The Final Five are on the Today Show?! Cute!

.....................10 minutes later. Crap. I really need to get the baby up.

Good morning Maverick!!! Mommy missed you! Let's get changed and then you can have your bottle. We are going to have a fun day! I loooooove the morning baby cuddles.

Baby is fed for now. I need to make the bed and pick up our room. And pick up his room. And start the dishwasher. I should have started it last night. I still need to clean the bathrooms...should I try to do that before or after my shower? I think a vase of dried hydrangeas might look nice on the top of the refrigerator...

How is there more laundry?? I'll get some of that started. If I can whip through the whole house before 9:00 while he's happy on the floor with his toys that would be good. That will be my goal. I need to get that dishwasher unloaded so I'm ready for breakfast. Aaaand we're almost out of eggs. So I should probably start a Fareway list. And a Sam's list. GEEZ Mav and I go through a lot of eggs. But it's working because he's finally getting chubby! Oh my gosh I need to take a picture of his big tummy in this outfit. I wonder how much he weighs? If I get everything done, maybe I can watch a Gilmore Girls during his afternoon nap cuddled under a blanket in our room. With coffee. And a magazine. Ok new goal.

Back to the kitchen. Focus. It's 9:05...when did that happen? I'm still in pajamas. But what's the point of changing now? I'm taking a shower in an hour and a half. Then I'll put on my clothes for the day. But we're planning to go to the pool...I should just put on a swimsuit instead. Real clothes in the summer are overrated. Also...why would I take a shower if we're going right to the pool? I'll do that this afternoon. Maverick's hair looks so dang cute today...he needs a kiss before I do my next thing.

WHY does it look like a frat house in our living room every morning? Chip bags, ice cream bowls, candy, water bottles, popsicle wrappers...Josh is only home for two hours a day! Why do we have to have a party in front of the TV like we're still in college every night?! I need to get better at picking everything up before we go to bed. This is ridiculous.

There 17 pairs of shoes by the door. Why. And a dirty towel on the dining room table. Oh...Caleb stayed here last night. Oops. Can't start the laundry until he's up...it could be NOON before that happens...................I should listen to the sermon from last Sunday that I missed. And that mom-podcast I keep meaning to check out. Why don't I do that more? How hard is that to have playing in the background??

Maverick is trying to crawl! I need to send a video to Josh! Then I need to get breakfast going. Yogurt, eggs, oatmeal, fruit for the baby and a couple egg whites for me...still need to get that garbage out of here. I can pack it in a little more I think. Meh, it's fine for now. I'm still hungry. I could put my eggs on a bagel. With cheese. And bacon.

But I'm done breastfeeding and if I do that every morning I will gain 50 pounds.

I haven't poured my coffee yet! Neeeeeed a few sips of coffee. I think we should take a quick morning walk...this weather is amazing!!! Perfect for project-ing in the garage. I need to finish that buffet before Mav's birthday party. I can do that during his morning nap...but I need to get caught up on Josh's billing. That will take all of nap time and then it's the pool. And then lunch...and then afternoon nap. So if I get all my chores done during the first hour of Mav's afternoon nap plus another coat of stain on the buffet, then I can watch a Gilmore Girls from 3-4.

I need to get serious about cutting that morning nap though...I think he's ready. That will really cut down on my productivity, but then hopefully I'll have more time in the afternoon for my To Do list. And we'll have more time to run errands in the morning! I can't forget to go to Sam's Club this week. Tomorrow, actually. We need toilet paper. And strawberries. And yogurt. And probably some whiskey. And I need to come up with a babysitter for CG on Sunday nights...which starts this week. Probably should remind Josh about that too.

Back home and baby is down for nap. Freedom! I have one whole hour to do all my stuff! Kathie Lee and Hoda are so great. I think I'll sit here for five minutes with my coffee...just five minutes...I'm allowed five minutes of sitting, right?

....................................30 minutes later.

Bathrooms aren't cleaned yet. How do people live in houses with more than two bathrooms? And I need to swing the vacuume across all the floors while I'm at it because somehow grass got tracked in between 9pm and 7am. How. Is. That. Possible? I think a cotton garland would look perfect across the top of our dining room window. I wonder if they're half off this week at Hobby Lobby?

I should probably catch up on some of the homework I missed from my Summer Bible study...that's what I should do during his nap. I need to be better at reading. Some mom's are so good at reading. All I want to do is watch Gilmore Girls. DANGIT NETFLIX.

Ahhhhh the billing. If I get last week's billing done then I'll be a FREE WOMAN. At least for a few days. But I need to work on the mailer too. I should do that this afternoon. Or tonight when Josh gets home. And I think we have some bills that need to be paid. What if I could get the laundry room painted before the washer and dryer come on Friday?? I need to pack for our overnight to Manson too. Maybe I can talk my mom into coming this weekend for the Farmer's Market and to assist in painting the guest-bed-laundry-room. New appliances need a freshly painted room. I'll call my mom at work, just real quick.

......................................20 minutes later.

Crap. I need to prioritize. Billing, bathrooms, Maverick and pool, lunch, mailer, shower, buffet, pack...but I need to figure out what to do for supper. In order to do that, I need to get to Fareway. Ok, if I add Fareway to the list, I can move the buffet to this weekend...and vacuum tomorrow since there will be more grass then anyway.

Naptime is already over and it's basically noon. Good grief.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'll stop at noon...I won't subject you to the whirlwind that is the four hours between when Maverick wakes up and his bedtime because things get really crazy. Just thought some other mom's out there might relate and enjoy at my expense. ;)

MmB


No comments:

Post a Comment