Friday, March 25, 2016

Coffee is My Not-So-Secret Love Interest

Rendezvous Coffee and Tea, Galena

I have taken on the huge responsibility of trying as much coffee at as many coffee shops (chains, locally owned, small towns all included) as I possibly can. And I have included my moms and all my sisters in this journey as well. Approximately once a week I treat myself to coffee that hasn't been made in my kitchen, and I've curated a list so if you're ever in say, Boone, and wondering where you can find an amazing latte...you have my personal reviews to rely on.

One * means it's baaaad. Five *'s mean it's one of my absolute favorites. These scores are based on atmosphere, coffee quality, variety of drinks/flavors, customer service, and price (I'm a big fan of McDonald's coffee and prices, but lately their drive through takes A HALF HOUR...I'd rather pay $4 for coffee and avoid the frustration and a crabby Maverick in the backseat). If coconut flavor is offered, it's an automatic 4-star. /// means we haven't been there yet, but it's on the list! These are in no particular order, but I've tried to include the city's (errrr...small rural towns?) where you can find them.

Fieldstone, TLCC, Twin Lakes

Starbucks *****
Caribou ****
Bruegger's ***
Casey's **
Dunkin' Donuts **
Panera ***
McDonald's **
Chick-Fil-A ***
BAM ///
IHop **
Perkin's **

Ames Public Library ///
Bookends Cafe, Parks Library, ISU Campus ****
Homemaker's, Des Moines **
TLCC Fieldstone, Twin Lakes ****
Gong Fu, Des Moines ***
Cornerstone, Ames ***
Central Perk and Dessert, Fort Dodge ///
West End Architectural Salvage, Des Moines ****
Scenic Route Bakery, Des Moines ///
Java Joe's, Des Moines ///
Dutch Oven Bakery, Ames/Boone ///
Cafe Diem, Ames ***
Cafe Milo, Ames ****
Burgie's Coffee and Tea Company, Ames *****
The Cafe, Ames *****
Arcadia, Ames **
Bossy Mama's, Ames *
Stomping Grounds, Ames ****
Chocolaterie Stam, Ames ***
The Vinyl Cafe, Ames ///
ZanZiBar's, Des Moines ****
LaMie, Des Moines ***8
Smokey Row, Des Moines *****
The Good News Room, Boone ****
Bloomers on Central, Fort Dodge **
DeGroot Kitchen, Sheffield *****
Freedom Blend Coffee, Huxley ***
Bridgehouse Coffee Co, Newton ****
Kafe Geita, Story City *****
Kaladi's Coffee Bar, Galena ***
Mean Bean Coffee Roasters, Galena *****
Rendezvous Coffee and Tea, Galena *****
Crane Coffee, Omaha *****
Scooter's Coffee, Omaha ***

Well that put me in the mood for another cup of coffee.

MmB


No comments:

Post a Comment