Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Josh Boersma as Clark Griswold

It's times like these that I'm thankful for a husband who never does anything 'halfway.'

I've compiled a number of quotes from the past two days while Josh has been working on getting lights up on the outside of our house...

Yesterday morning while we were getting up and going:
"Well we only have six hours of daylight left. I don't think I'll get everything done today."

When he started hauling the lights inside from the garage attic:
"There was some mouse poop in this sack of lights...
...Hmm...I hope I didn't just bring a mouse in the house."

When I asked if he could PLEASE throw the strings of nonworking lights away:
"Mollie. It's just a simple fix."

As he was starting to plug in and test the first few strings of lights:
"Wow. We're three for three...that can't be right. It's too good to be true."

When he was sorting the working lights from the half working lights from the non-working lights:
"Okay let's see...this one goes in the 'To Be Repaired' pile."

While he inspected a strand of lights and discovered a squirrel had knawed through a couple strings last year:
"Wish I could have seen the squirrel that chewed through this string. *chuckles*"

When I said he shouldn't waste his time 'fixing' Christmas lights:
"It's so easy. See? I already fixed this one. Look...they're just live wires that I hold together and it works. I just need a wire cap. .........I'm not sure what this third bare wire is for though."

While we opened new boxes of white icicle lights and Josh has a special magic way of unfolding and stretching them out so they look the best:
"Do I really have to spend all this time stretching them out? Can't we just let them hang out?" -Mollie
"IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT OUR HOUSE." - Josh

When I mentioned that it didn't seem like he was always so in love with outside Christmas lights:
"Yes I have. I always thought my parents were stupid for not doing them."

While I was burping Maverick and he was watching his daddy organize 20 strings of lights:
"Can Maverick help me hang lights? He totally could! I would just wear him." - Josh
"Absolutley not." - Me
"You're right. DHS would probably be called. Maybe I could just wear him and stand on the bottom rung of the ladder and you take a picture of him helping me." - Josh

When he was insisting we can't put a single string of lights outside unless every little light is working...even if we're just throwing them up in a tree in the backyard:
"Do you think Clark Griswold had non-working lights anywhere on his house?!"

Five minutes ago when I mentioned I was going to write this blog of quotes comparing him to Clark Griswold:
"PSH. CLARK GRISWOLD WHO." 

And because last night when Vern and Patti and Caleb came over, Josh was finishing up the lights on the front of the house...he asked for their help and this was their immediate response:
"Wait. Are we going outside?" - Caleb
"Will we get dirty?" - Vern

Spoken like the true accountants in the family. Bless.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVE EVERYONE!

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment