Thursday, December 5, 2013

Time for Another...Acreage Update!

Where did November go? I'm sorry, is it really DECEMBER FIFTH TODAY?!

No. No. No.

We knew this was going to happen. We had mentally prepared ourselves for months for how crazy this farmhouse monstrosity would be. But there is just no amount of planning and organizing that can prepare someone for a December like the one we're about to have. I'm admitting defeat.

I should have started my Christmas shopping and crafting in August. Because at this rate, none of you will be getting presents, and our letters won't arrive in your mailboxes until January. Seriously.

I knew it was a good idea to start writing our Christmas letter in September! I KNEW IT!

So the house...where do I begin...storm windows are up on the outside and there is plastic on all the windows inside. Bathroom is in the process of being torn apart and put back together again. Fun Fact: We currently have a nice little 'laundry chute' from the main level to the basement, in the form of a rotten hole in the bathroom floor! That probably freaked you out a little and made you question our sanity (like you have been for the past two months)...never fear. My husband is Josh Boersma. And a rotten bathroom floor is nbd.

Josh replaced some pipes in the basement. Our plumber/heating/cooling guy ran ducts/vents upstairs to the three bedrooms that didn't have heat, and fixed a laundry list of other small things. The propane tank is filled! The water softener is on and operating correctly! Kitchen cupboards are up and the kitchen is FINISHED. Parlor is FINISHED. Two out of three upstairs bedrooms are FINISHED. Landing/Stairway is FINISHED. That felt good...here's what's left.

Bathroom re-do. Front entrance re-do. Final coat of paint in the 'Great Room' (aka the living and dining room...). Final coat of black paint on ALL floors (so excited for this part). Priming/painting/finishing the third upstairs bedroom. Rolling out living room carpet. And a final cleaning sweep of the entire place. I'd say the end is in sight, but my husband isn't exactly feeling that way today (the impending snow storm, his lack of extra helpers, and the hole in the bathroom floor are a perfect recipe for high blood pressure).

We're meeting with our favorite renter candidate today at the farm and praying that we will have a signed lease very soon! With that part off our 'plate' I think we would be able to enjoy the remaining work at the farmhouse a lot more.

My farmhouse projects are at a standstill until more 'stuff' is ready to be painted. So in the meantime, I'm attempting to keep our finances, house, and schedules organized. Oh, and make plans for hosting the annual ThanksChristmas party. :) I tried meal planning last night but realized that I'll be gone for supper for about 8 nights during the next two weeks (thanks to a busy cheer schedule). So instead of planning meals into my Google Calendar, I inserted a shopping trip to Fareway tomorrow night after the basketball game to buy more frozen pizza. Yes folks...tomorrow night at 8pm, my schedule reads, 'Pay monthly bills' and 'Grocery trip to Fareway'. I gave it a good effort though, right?

And a midst all the shopping and spending and farmhouse craziness and Christmas insanity I have managed to get a Nativity in almost every room of our house, and plastered every chalkboard surface with Christmas Hymn's and verses...because I WILL NOT let this season slip away, and forget to give GLORY TO THE NEWBORN KING!



Stay tuned for more 422 13th St. Christmas magic. ;)

MmB




No comments:

Post a Comment