Friday, April 13, 2018

I'm only going to say this one time...



Okay guys, based on the fact that over 1,300 of you read (or at least clicked on!) my last blog post, but very few have reached out with interest...leads me to believe most of you are sitting at home thinking, 'I wish Mollie could come over to my house and help me but I can't ask her until I have a new house/couch/bed/rug/whatever-that-thing-is-you-think-you-need-in-order-to-decorate.' Or some other kind of nonsense like that.

Listen...it doesn't bother me in the slightest that my phone isn't ringing off the hook. But because I've had SO MANY people in the past few years say, 'I need to have you come over and help me decorate my house!' ......................it just seems like you're all a little gun shy.

The loveseat we used in our living room for the better part of three years, was literally pulled from a curb across the street from our house. And you better believe that didn't stop me from adding a blanket and some throw pillows and pretending it was brand new. It was new to us! So I'm telling you, I can work with ANYTHING you've got.

Please hear me when I say this...I am not here to sell you anything you don't want or need. I am not trying to recruit you for something. I do not make commission on anything you buy from Target or Hobby Lobby (though I really should). This is not a candles/jewelry/skin care/multi-level-marketing trap that I'm going to continually push on you multiple times a day until you're forced to unfollow me.

I just want to help give you the pretty, cozy, unique home you've always wanted but aren't sure where to start.

So if that's you, hiding behind the glow of your phone screen, wishing you had a nicer house worthy of hiring a "decorating consultant" for (it's just me guys)...STOP. Waiting until you've painted a room, or have enough money to buy that piece of furniture, or until you don't live in an apartment anymore...all nonsense. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're looking at someone who had mauve + baby blue carpet in her entire house for nearly five years. If I would have waited until I had tile floors and nice furniture to decorate and have people over, we wouldn't have any friends.

That's it. That's all I'm going to say about it.

And this is in case you think I'm being dramatic about how 'bad' our first house really was when we moved in. This transformation took about five years and a LOT of hard work but it was obviously worth it.

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment