Friday, October 9, 2015

Mollie Meets Motherhood

{photography by LibbyAsayStudio.com}

I have a specific moment when I felt like a real mom and I can recall it perfectly. It wasn't when I saw Maverick for the first time looking like a gross purple alien  miracle (yes that's how I feel about all newborn babies, mine included). It wasn't when he was wrapped up and Josh was holding him beside me. It didn't even happen at any point while we were in the hospital for three days. It wasn't until Thursday evening when we were home that I felt like a mom FOR REAL.

I remember slowly picking up the house, putting things away... Josh was home, my mom was with us starting laundry, asking me where I wanted stuff, helping me remember when I needed to take percaset (you know...mom jobs). Maverick was wrapped up and sleeping in his little bassinet on top of the dining room table.

And for some reason...I missed him.

Like...he was inside of me for nine months. I'd been with him nonstop, thinking about nothing else for the previous three days. He was cuddled up hanging out in the same house and I had this, 'awww I miss him' feeling unless I was right beside him, cuddling him, holding him, feeding him, or kissing him.

IT WAS THE WEIRDEST THING.

I mentioned it to my mom and Josh and my mom said, 'Honey, it's because you're a mom now.'

And that's when it felt official. I was a mom and this tiny, precious, adorable, fuzzy human was my baby.

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment