Monday, September 7, 2015

We Scheduled Having a Baby...and Feel Great About It

I've decided I'll sort of miss maternity fashion a little. I'm hoping next time to be pregnant during fall seasons so I can explore sweater and scarf options. ;)

I'm writing this approximately 48 hours before I'm scheduled to be induced...so if I'm posting it...it's because I still 100% feel this way about our decision. Regardless of how the rest of Monday (err Tuesday) turned out...

As of 10:00 this morning (Thursday the 27th), I've officially had my final doctor appointment! Because on Monday at 7:30am I'll be strolling into the hospital with Josh and our bags and pillows ready to be induced...finally a date on the calendar for me to get excited about and to and plan around. YEEEEYEEYEE!! :) My brain has been reeling with the last minute errands and projects and to-do's to take care of. To say I'm thrilled about the plan and about OUR REAL LIVE BABY REALLY FINALLY COMING would be an understatement.

Here's the thing. This is what I wanted all along. So pending some sort of craziness this weekend...it's likely I'll be getting what I want. Josh says my life is so unfair when things turn out for me this way and I kind of have to agree...but wanting to have a scheduled induction is actually only about 15% me being selfish and 85% practical reasons for our life, specifically our business...and the longer I have to think and prepare for Monday, the MORE amazing reasons I keep coming up with!

Let me put this in the least gross way possible. There is just nothing going on...aaaaaaanywhere. We go on walks every night, I'm active and moving and walking all day every day, and I have yet to have a single pain, contraction, or just a labor-like feeling in general. I paint closets, walk around at the Farmer's Market, go shopping, unload and carry heavy groceries inside the house, go up and down the stairs organizing our storage space...and nothing. I feel totally normal. This is how it's been for 40 straight weeks, which is an incredible blessing but doesn't exactly give me hope that things will happen 'naturally' aaaaanytime soon. And judging by the fact that nothing has changed for me at my past three appointments, I'm in no mood to sit around and wait for two more weeks only to find that I haven't changed and we still end up with the same scenario/result. We have stuff to do. People to plan around. Chemical applications to get done. And on Monday, at 40 weeks 3 days we will be getting this baby show on the road.

Boersma Lawn Care is still rocking and rolling due to all this rain. Which is so SO great. Josh has chemicals to get down, employees to manage, and 100+ customers to keep happy. All great problems to have and now that we know Monday is the day, we can plan for all of this accordingly. The bank deposit is done, bills are paid, invoices have been sent out through Sunday, employees know the plan, and my favorite part...Josh isn't stuck somewhere down in Des Moines when I go into labor. Meaning he would be stressed, have to race back to Ames, shower, get dressed, and THEN pay attention to me. I can't imagine a more perfect morning than us waking up, grabbing a light breakfast, and heading to the hospital together relaxed and calm. 

Family can plan accordingly. My parents will be coming to visit from slightly farther away than the Boersma family, so they've put in for their day off, my mom is working extra hours here and there, and we've made arrangements to organize the grandparents for their visits. Too many people all converging on the hospital at once sounds overwhelming and terrible, so I've managed to strategically spread visits throughout the week. Keeping in mind that Josh will be working almost right away, and that's when I'll be needing my momma the most.

My doctor said she was on call Monday, asked if that worked for me, and I said YES PLEASE. Not that I've spent a ton of time with her because I like to keep visits quick and to the point...but she's sweet and nice and I'll be more comfortable with her than I would be a doctor I'd never even met before...so the fact that I get to have the lovely person I've been seeing for the past 40 weeks is pretty great. I wasn't super excited about going into labor in the middle of the night, entering the hospital through the ER exit, and getting whoever was available. I mean...it wasn't a huge deal to me either, but this...this is kind of perfect.

I've asked our insurance man All The Questions necessary, I know exactly what we need to do to get baby added to insurance ASAP and we are all squared away there. I feel like that might have been one of those last-minute things that I totally overlooked until someone mentioned it, and then I would have had a panic attack. No thanks.

Libby is set to come snap official newborn pics on Friday. Not only that, I mailed her check in advance so Future Mollie didn't have to think about it. This isn't really that big of a deal, just another 'perk' I've added to the list. :)

We are currently managing two rental properties, and a total of five renters...they're also all taken care of. I've touched base with all of them about how/when they will be delivering rent and it will all be arriving to our house promptly on September 1st. Speaking of September 1st...those pesky property taxes that I seem to overlook until the last minute every year are also taken care of as of today. I love it when a plan comes together.

We had hoped that my best-friend-and-nurse Kylie could make it to be with us during the whole sha-bang...another reason I was happy to know in advance since she would have been traveling from Omaha...but as it turns out she works on Monday and Tuesday. Plans fell through there a little, but I was still glad we could KNOW definitively that she can/can't come.

Our favorite little, dependable, pray-er is at the ready for Monday and excited to pray. Katie Kascel I'm so thankful for youuuu!

Josh has a chiropractor appointment scheduled for Wednesday at 10, and I want to make sure he can go. His shoulder has been really bugging him and it's getting to be kind of desperate but it was the earliest time he could get in! I called the hospital and they answered all my questions about discharge time and said the nurses and doctors will just work around our schedule that day and wouldn't be kicking us out before 10am. Oh bless.

And coming in at the bottom of the 'Important List,' but making the list nonetheless...the self-tanner has been applied; nails are done; mom is working on a hilarious poem; an obscene amount of freezer meals are made; I've pre-written a couple blogs; purse has been emptied and switched over to my pre-push-present-Coach-diaper-bag; I've decorated for fall; washed every piece of laundry; changed the sheets; made the beds; deep cleaned every inch of the house; laid out Josh's clothes for our hospital days; pre-chosen our birth announcements; set Josh's vacation responder to kick in on Monday; pre-arranged for Jamie to babysit once a month on a Friday for a real 'date night'; created calendar reminders; finally ordered a couple parenting books; oh...and I might have also packed a small chalkboard for the hospital to chalk baby stats, wrap Maverick beside, and post our Instagram announcement.

So in summary...we scheduled the crap out of labor...and are 100% okay with it.

MmB

No comments:

Post a Comment